This project is read-only.

AppManager.CS Error

May 18, 2015 at 5:55 PM
I'm currently using DS 1.7 Full in Visual Studio 2013. The issue is when I run my program after I added the AppManager it comes up with an error message saying I'm missing AppMannager.cs
I found a version online and I pointed it to it but it says its a different version.

This is the code I use to launch the AppManager
AppManager1.LoadExtensions()
I've created the "Plugins" and "Application Extensions" folder in my bin/debug/ folder.

Any ideas on how to fix this error? Thanks.
May 19, 2015 at 8:40 AM
Did you set the shell before calling appManager.LoadExtensions?
[Export("Shell", typeof(ContainerControl))]
        private static ContainerControl Shell;

public MainForm()
        {
            InitializeComponent();

if (DesignMode) return;
            Shell = this;
            appManager.LoadExtensions();
        }
If this doesn't fix the problem you might have to include the dlls from the latest changeset to have an AppManager.cs that fits.
May 19, 2015 at 5:27 PM
Does not work. I create a temp app with just the basics and it seemed to work fine there. Not sure what is wrong now. Any other ideas or suggestions? Thanks.
May 19, 2015 at 5:43 PM
As I said, download the latest changeset. Add those projects instead of the dlls your using now and have a look at which point the AppManager.cs is needed.

It's strange that you get an error that says a cs file is missing but I figure you might be debugging and it's trying to show you an error that pops up in AppManager.cs.

For other suggestions I'd have to see the code your using. It could be anything.
May 19, 2015 at 6:13 PM
I updated the dlls. I still get the AppManager.cs not found! Also a popup for "An unhandled exception of type 'System.ComponentModel.Composition.CompositionException' occurred in DotSpatial.Controls.dll" I've also attached a screen shot of the error.

May 19, 2015 at 7:06 PM
I had a similar thing happen to one of my projects. Try making a new file on the Desktop and copying your project to this folder. Then open your project from this location and try to run it again.
May 20, 2015 at 5:09 PM
Mbayles,
Tried that and still get the same error.

I'm debating trying to recreate the project at this rate.
May 20, 2015 at 6:34 PM
The System.ComponentModel.Composition.CompositionException is thrown inside the AppManager.cs. I think that is why your system wants to have that file.

As far as I understand the function that throws the error combines the AppManger with the DefaultDataManager, the SerializationManager and the extensions that were found.

That means if any of those have an error that causes them not to be combineable you'd get that CompositionException.
Try to remove the plugins and the extensions. If your program works afterwards it's one of them.