SpatialToolStrip doesn't show some icons - and doesn't allow change.

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:59 AM
Hello Programmers

---Optional---
This year I decided to switch from Matlab to a real programming language and now I'm learning C#. Trying to marry utility and pleasure I decided to start with Dotspatial. I plan to come out with some sort of nice GIS application as soon as I learn more about C# and the package. Will share products that I think could be of use to other people.
---Optional---

But here is my (current) issue: I can't change the SpatialToolStrip icons. The buttons work, but some icons are not set, and appear as if they weren't there after the project is built. In addition, I can't seem to be able to change the icons. The strip allows me to change the butons, but the changes do not reflect in the project after build.

Does someone know how I could change the icons? All help is much appreciated.
regards,
Márcio.
Developer
Apr 24, 2014 at 10:10 AM
Hi Márcio,

thanks for interested in DotSpatial :)
I checked that really button images reverted to theirs originals after built. It is probably a bug, and will be fixed in upcoming 1.7 version.
But please note, that SpatialToolStrip was obsolete in previous DS versions (1.4 - 1.6) and had no support at all. But we decided to reinclude new version of SpatialToolStrip into next 1.7 release so you will be able to use it.

For now, if you are using 1.6 version you should create your own ToolStrip in your code - i.e. add all buttons and implement all button handlers (pan, move, print, etc) by youself.

Maxim.
Apr 25, 2014 at 2:45 PM
Edited Apr 25, 2014 at 2:45 PM
Hi Maxim

Thanks for you response. Good to hear you will bring these controls back. With a little more search I found out that at the moment, the best way to include the toolbar is by implementing some interfaces and extensions, but for a beginner the documentation looked like greek language.