This project is read-only.

Search geo-spatial images by Shapefile

Mar 20, 2014 at 3:45 PM
I am developing a windows application in c# in which I have a repository of geo-spatial images. User will search those images by providing shape-file. Those images which are coming inside provided shape file will be showed. i have corner points (LAT,LON) of each image and i do a test POINTinPolygone for each image against provided shape-file for searching. Now there are some images which are cutting shape-file from some part rather than corners. Now how can I implement a search in dot spatial that whether an image is cutting some part of the shape-file or not?

Thanks
Apr 1, 2014 at 9:35 AM
Maybe you can use the intersect method between your shape and the image shape (you may create a polygon with the four corners of your image)

Oscar
Apr 1, 2014 at 2:42 PM
Thanks oscar. can you provide the sample code to create polygon and check intersect with shapefile? secondly, is it a good approach that I will create polygone for each image coordinates and check intersect? if I have a lot of repository images?
Apr 2, 2014 at 9:23 AM
Hi Mudassaralii

you find some useful example at this link Sample Codes

and in particular you would be interested in Create a Polygon Featureset

for the intersection I am not an expert but I took advantage of this discussion on NetTopologySuite

Oscar
Apr 30, 2014 at 11:37 AM
thanks Oscar for the reply. I have created the shapefile from corner coordinates but intersection is not done yet

_______"for the intersection I am not an expert but I took advantage of this discussion on NetTopologySuite" _______

The above one is not working. Is it there be any method that I can check whether the two polygons are overlapping or not?