Visual C++ tutorials?

Jan 15, 2014 at 5:28 PM
I'm using Visual C++ 2010 Express, developing an application that collects data from a portable field instrument. The code currently uses standard image functions to load a raster map (bmp) and then using a registration file I've defined to specify the corner coordinates of the image (UTM, British National Grid, or any other Cartesian system) I then calculate the pixels corresponding to the measurement location, and amend them to colour code the measurement.

Clearly using DotSpatial would be a much more elegant solution - allowing easier rescaling of the map, multiple layers for different types of measurements etc. I've had a good look around for some tutorials and/or example code in VC++, but have only found C# or VB code. I've tried to convert those examples to do what I expect them to do in VC++ with limited success. For example, https://dotspatial.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=RasterCS&referringTitle=Desktop_SampleCode has C# code to open a raster file. When I convert that to VC++ I get errors - so, to create a basemap raster I use:
Raster BaseMapRaster = gcnew Raster();
(should be equivalent to Raster r = new Raster(); in the example, with different variable name)
this generates an error - error C3673: 'DotSpatial::Data::Raster' : class does not have a copy-constructor

Now, clearly, I'd love someone to correct that particular example. But, more usefully would be a set of tutorials or example code that I could study so I don't have to spend time asking questions here.

Many thanks,

Alan
Developer
Jan 16, 2014 at 5:31 AM
Alan,
I'm working on some demo tutorials in Visual C++. In the meantime, if you have any specific requirements please make a list and share it on the forum.
Thanks!
-Teva