This project is read-only.

DotSpatial build failed

Oct 14, 2013 at 4:10 PM
I reviewed all installation and building stuff regarding DotSpatial (DS) but building the latest DotSpatial failed again and again (about 110 errors).

Can someone describe in detail all needed steps for building DS on VS Express 2012 Win7/Win8 for 32 or 64 bits?

How to compile the whole DS solution?
How to set up demomap project, which projects are not needed for DemoMap from whole DS solution?
How to set GDAL for 32 or 64 bit?
Are the target framework for all projects .NEt 4.0 CLIENT profile or not?
Which projects platform in Configuration Manager are "ANYCPU", which are "x86" or "x64" setting?

A simple road map would be appreciated. Thanks for answer and regards, vzavec
Oct 14, 2013 at 4:31 PM
check this...

Build libraries DotSpatial
TEXT
Oct 15, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Edited Oct 15, 2013 at 8:32 AM
vzavec wrote:
How to compile the whole DS solution?
A first pass compile does not work for me either, I at least have to compile twice before getting it to work.
How to set up demomap project, which projects are not needed for DemoMap from whole DS solution?
I think you need the Core projects, all the rest is loaded from the plugins.
How to set GDAL for 32 or 64 bit?
There is a readme in the GdalExtension folder that is supposed to tell you how to proceed.
There also is a patch that would enable you to use Gdal when targeting AnyCPU. It may need some hand work, since it is a bit older but should be applyable.
Which projects platform in Configuration Manager are "ANYCPU", which are "x86" or "x64" setting?
AFAIK, all core projects are for 32Bit and AnyCPU, except the ones that have dependency to native libraries.

Hth FObermaier
Oct 15, 2013 at 10:14 AM
FObermaier and camiza thanks for quick instructions. I run successfully some old version of dotspatial (-29eb17f63168, 67177)
but still no luck with the most latest one.

Here are my steps:

Download and then unblock dotspatial-73067.zip file
Open DotSpatial-VS2010.sln with VS Express 2010 (win xp, 32 bit)

Openning messages are as follows:

Solution folders are not supported in this version of the application.
Solution folder "Solution Items" will be displayed as unavailable
The same also for the "Dotspatial.Examples", "Plugins", "Core", ... all tests project files

From Build meni I run Build Solution item and there are about 145 errors, here is the first one:

Error 1 The type or namespace name 'Transforms' does not exist in the namespace 'DotSpatial.Projections' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
            C:\DSP\DotSpatial.Projections.Forms\ProjectionCustomDialog.cs   25  30  DotSpatial.Projections.Forms
Also tried to exclude some of the projects as demoMap, demoGPS from first build in the config manager but no success.
I really need some simple and straight steps to follow.
Thanks and regards, vzavec
Oct 15, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Edited Oct 15, 2013 at 2:51 PM
As soon as I'd replaced the word "var" with "string" in foreach statment in DeflateStreamUtility.cs latest DotSpatial build finished without errors
public class DeflateStreamUtility
{
    public static void Main(string[] args)
    {
        foreach (string s in args)

Thanks and regards, vzavec