Build Error with DotSpatial source code

Apr 18, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Good Morning,

I'm new in programming with Dotspatial. I've downloaded the DotSpatial source code using TortoiseSVN and I wanted to build it with Visual Studio 2010 , but each time I do it I have errors. Please can someone help me fixing this problem ?!
Apr 18, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Edited Apr 18, 2013 at 1:40 PM
the main libraries are in core and are associated with other projects, to me has been the same problem but solved the problem by removing the solution folder called Tests into DotSpatial project
Apr 18, 2013 at 9:54 PM
I have tried to remove the Tests folder and nothing happened . Could you please explain to me the steps that I should take after downloading the source code to make this work.

Thanks
Apr 19, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Excuse me but my English is very bad but here I leave a video for you to watch what I do...

Check this TEXT
Apr 19, 2013 at 7:38 AM
Thank you so much for the video .

I see now that the problem is that when I downloaded the source code, I didn't find a file called "DotSpatial-VS2010.sln" .

So I will re-download the source code again and I hope I'll find it.

Note : it's ok with your english

Thanks
Apr 19, 2013 at 10:31 AM
camiza , I've tried your steps and it worked for me. Now have some other problems with the dotspatial components like spatialtoolstrip.

see the discussion here TEXT

Thanks.
Coordinator
Apr 19, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Hi Luffy. Spatial ToolStrip is deprecated. It is best to build your own tool strip, or use the app manager and SimpleHeaderControl.
Apr 19, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Thansk dan , I will try this and keep you on touch with my progress.
Apr 21, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Hello Dan ,

I have tried like you told me and without result . SimpleHeaderControl is a Dotspatial component or what ?!
Coordinator
Apr 22, 2013 at 4:05 PM
The very best thing for you to do is to look at the DotSpatial.Plugins.xxx sample projects, for example DotSpatial.Plugins.Help or DotSpatial.Plugins.About. These are good sample plugins that show how to use the headercontrol to add tools to the toolbar.
Apr 22, 2013 at 4:07 PM
I will try this
Apr 22, 2013 at 5:39 PM
So since SpatialStatusToolStrip and SpatialToolStrip are deprecated, I have built my own a simple menustrip , a simple ToolStrip and statustoolstrip (windows forms).

I also added an application manager,legend,toolmanager and a map.

Right now I can't link the applicationManager and the progressBar.

What should I do ?!