This project is read-only.

Dotspatial map control info

Oct 17, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Hi ,

Here in my application I have a dotspatial map control , when user clicks particular place on map how to get information of that particular point.

Oct 17, 2012 at 8:33 PM
Edited Oct 17, 2012 at 8:34 PM

I use MapFunctions but that may be way overkill for what you want to do.  I don't have a simple example using MapFunction but it goes something like this where my MapFunction was called GCMFSelect, the DotSpatial Map Control is dsMap:

1. Implement GCMFSelect which derives off of DotSpatial.Controls.MapFunction.
  2. Override the OnMouseUp method which gets passed a GeoMouseArgs which has the geographic coordinate.  This is where you do your work.
  3. In  your form load, you can add your MapFunction something like this:

m_MFSelect = new GCMFSelect(dsMap);
                    m_MFSelect.Deactivate();
                    dsMap.MapFunctions.Add(m_MFSelect);
You would not have to call Deactivate().  I do that so it is off by default, then I can activate it when I want to handle the event (like I am in selection mode).

Kyle
Oct 18, 2012 at 6:44 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your time.

What is this m_MFSelect all about and in OnMouseUp method what shall i do 

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:00 PM

m_MFSelect  was just a member variable in the Windows.Form we implemented.  It is totally up to you what you do in OnMouseUp or any other event.  I assume you want the geographic (i.e. real world coordinate) of the mouse-click in the map.  OnMouseUp would supply that to you in GeoMouseArgs.  Then you do in there whatever it is you have set out to do.

Oct 19, 2012 at 10:55 AM

whats this dsmap ..