This project is read-only.

Moving Forward

Sep 10, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Edited Sep 10, 2012 at 6:25 PM

You may have seen some of my source code contributions and forum posts over the last couple of years as I've worked as a lead developer on DotSpatial under the direction of Dan Ames at Idaho State University. The past few months I have been working primarily on another open source project so my source contributions have become more scarce here.

Now, I am moving on to work with an international e-commerce company. I've learned plenty by working on this project, but I won't be able to continue to make contributions. The project has seen its first official release and has grown greatly in number of followers since I have joined. I believe danames continue to have ambitious plans for the project and will continue to help coordinate the work here.

The project can continue to thrive based on your input, contributions and guidance to one another. I would ask that those who have questions or comments continue to post them on the discussions tab.

We have also added a mechanism for you to create (open or proprietary) extensions and host them in our app so that even if you don't feel a need to contribute to the core's source code, you can share some of your work.

I hope DotSpatial will continue to be a leading .Net based geographic information system framework.

Sep 10, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Hi Mudnug

sad to hear you are leaving but thats how life "works", we -noobs- wish you all the best and feel free to drop by and help us around ;o)

Greetings 

Sep 11, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Thanks Mudnug for all your support here. Wish you all the best for your future endeavours.