This project is read-only.

The GDAL Folder in dotspatial 1.3 Extended is empty

Aug 15, 2012 at 1:43 PM

I downloaded the dot spatial 1.3 extended and wanted to use GDAL as per mudnug tutorial

http://mudnug.wordpress.com/2011/11/23/how-to-support-loading-extensions-in-dotspatial/

However when I tried to copy the GDAL folder to the /debug/plugins folder , I found that the GDAL folder ( now inside Application Extensions folder) is empty.

Is this a release issue or am i doing something wrong ?

Aug 16, 2012 at 7:20 PM

You're not doing anything wrong, that was an oversight on my part - so thanks for mentioning it. 

Until I get those files up, you can use DotSpatial 1.2 Extended (I found the folder there).

Aug 17, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Many thanks for the update. Will use DotSpatial 1.2 Extended till it is uploaded.

It will be great if a very brief tutorial on how to get access to multi-band arrays and individual pixel values for processing (in GDAL files or satellite data files)  can be included at some stage. This will be very helpful for newbies to find the 'lay of the dot spatial land' and help people create their own raster processing applications - like implementation of new algorithms for image processing. In short, how to read a multi-band stalactite image in tiff or ERDAS format, how to access individual pixels in each band for processing ( like even adding an integer value 1 to each pixel in all bands will do in VB or VC++) and how to write an output file in the same format after processing has been done.

This will open many doors for the remote sensing community to try out new algorithms on RS data using dot spatial. The mudnug tutorials are outstanding  and I hope we can have one  on the above. Please do consider.

Aug 17, 2012 at 4:22 PM

It turns out that our implementation falls a bit short in the multi-band arena. We'll have to implement new features there, before writing the tutorials! If you need some of those features immediately, you may find MapWindow 4 to be of use. See mapwindow.org