sqlite

Aug 15, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I am trying to add sqlite plugin in my custom dotspatial application. at launch it gives three messages to add the following:

IDockManager
IHeaderControl
IStatusControl

does anyone know whats missing?

Aug 15, 2012 at 3:25 PM

moreover can sqlite plugin be used in a custom application based on DotSpatial_Release.1.0.845 RC2 

Developer
Aug 16, 2012 at 6:15 PM

This plugin adds buttons, so it needs a header control etc.

RC2 is fairly old, so I expect there is a better setup to help keep you up to date.

Perhaps you would benefit from the Tutorials starting with Should I create an extension or an application?

Aug 30, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Thanks mudnug,

I have developed alot of other stuff in my application already. Now at this stage i cant use the template and start from scratch. For this reason i have to take this approach of developing my own application and at the same time using some of the available extensions to take advantage of the features available through them. All i did is: changed the library references to the most recent version. My stuff is all working now after going through the error one by one. Its just the built-in things that are causing problem, i.e. there is no attribute viewer through the legend control anymore as i have discussed in http://dotspatial.codeplex.com/discussions/393483. You have mentioned there to use the extension called Table Editor but i am still unable to load extension manager in my application with the following errors at start-up

IDockManager extension must be used

HeaderControl extension must be used

StatusControl extension must be used

Also some of the buttons on my earlier spatialToolStrip are not working properly (zoom in out buttons for example have lost their images)

Please help to get me going with the newer version

Developer
Aug 31, 2012 at 5:04 PM

As I recall the SpatialToolStrip was out of date in RC2, and you might find these tutorials helpful.

http://dotspatial.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Why%20are%20the%20SpatialToolStrip%20and%20SpatialStatusStrip%20obsolete%3f

How to Support Loading Extensions (Loading GDAL)

How to Add Support for Loading DotSpatial.Plugins.Ribbon

How to Load DotSpatial Extensions Into My Toolbar

Composing an Application by Combining Extensions

Getting started with MEF (Managed Extension Framework)

Sep 11, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Thanks alot. Mudnug. Its working now. Can you please help one last time before you leave (or any other here) what is the alternate of toolstrip control in the newer version with zoom-in-out-etc buttons as there isnt anything like that on the template?

Sep 11, 2012 at 6:21 PM

That question puzzled me also....

Developer
Sep 11, 2012 at 8:26 PM

DotSpatial.Plugins.MenuBar

You can just drop the dll in the plugins folder of DemoMap.exe and should get the buttons you're expecting.

Sep 12, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Thanks mudnug great stuff.  DotSpatial.Plugins.MenuBar was already there in "Application Extensions" once i copied it into plugins folder its working now. I have only 2 minor problems left now:

1- At startup i get this error "Skipping Extension DevExpress.XtraEditors V12.1, version 12.1.5.0, Culture=Neutral, PublicKeyToken: b88d1754d700e49a. Could not load file or assembly 'DevExpress.Printing V12.1Core, version 12.1.5.0, Culture=Neutral, PublicKeyToken: b88d1754d700e49a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified" .  Do you know where to download this DevExpress.Printing.v12.1.Core.dll as it did not come with the DotSpatial package.

2- The Extension "Show Tool" does not work (it does not do anything). I would imagine it is to load the tools in the toolbox?

Thanking in advance guyz