Issues with DotSpatial.WebControls

Mar 29, 2012 at 11:09 AM

1. The style items from legend in project DemoWEB are inactive. Although the link seems OK:

javascript:__doPostBack("WebLegend1","s<layerName>\\")

nothing happens when I click on any small line segment from the legend.

2. Selection tool: After activating it, all items in the visible region of the map are selected at the mouse-click. I did not manage to deselect these items.

3. Info tool: After activating it, a click on an item in the visible region of the map leads to re-painting the region.

Background info: I compiled and broswed DemoWEB project. Then I modified default.aspx.cs to load four ShapeInfo files containing LineStrings, with specific line style settings. It worked in the VS-integrated ASP.Net server.

Developer
Mar 30, 2012 at 7:15 AM

WebControlos are a very preliminar version.

They where developped for a specific project I'm working on and not all tools are at 100%.

Developer
Mar 31, 2012 at 12:23 AM
Edited Apr 2, 2012 at 5:06 PM

We're also looking and an entirely different model (with more javascript) that uses GeoExt.js and OpenLayers on the front end and DotSpatial Server on the back end providing WMS. There is a temporary demo of this type of thing at http://pvmapper.apphb.com/Home/v3

Developer
Mar 31, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Very good news!

(MWS = WMS ?)

Developer
Apr 2, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Yes; I've fixed the spelling error according to your suggestion.

Developer
Apr 3, 2012 at 9:59 AM

In that case how you can keep data for different session ?

Ex.: if I make an application that show avg temperature of a place for a time period and two users choose different period how a WMS server can keep separeted the result ?

In Mapsui there is an implementation for WMS server.  Interesting for an integration ?

Developer
Apr 3, 2012 at 5:08 PM

There's not much documentation on Mapsui. Can you tell me more?

We don't keep track of different sessions on the server. All of this happens on the client. When the client makes a request to the server they pass along important information (for each request) such as the required projection or the time period.

When it comes to data that we do want to persist on the server, we are planning to let the client asynchronously post the data to another web api. It can likewise get data from that same web api. 

Developer
Apr 4, 2012 at 6:37 AM

I'm reading the mapsui code but I find it no more :-(

Apr 4, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Hi all,

I removed the WMS Server in change set d27ebb40477c. I am focusing on client technique only. The Wms Server it contained was a port of SharpMap's WMS server, so you could take a look there:

http://sharpmap.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/97089#1882294

Integration with DotSpatial will not be easy because it depends heavily on SharpMap's functionality. The developers among SharpMap are now looking into a common GeoAPI that could bring our projects closer together. Perhaps this could also be a bridge towards DotSpatial.

Paul

Developer
Apr 4, 2012 at 12:11 PM

So I'm not totally crazy :-)