How to show Quick Access Toolbar

Mar 25, 2012 at 9:18 PM
Edited Mar 25, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Hello folks!

There are two questions for you as the following.

1) I want to know how to show the 'Quck Access Toolbar' for a Ribbon host application base on dotspatial. What is 'Quck Access Toolbar' see the figure.

By the way, I inherit my main window class from 'DevExpress.XtraBars.Ribbon.RibbonForm', so I can get a real Rinbbon window. It's a little off topic, please do give me some suggestions if possible.

The First problem have been solved.

2) After the splash window hide, the main window seems move back(behind) to the other window. How can I change the behaver?

Thank you in advance.

Wei Yan

Developer
Mar 26, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Note that the Quick Access Toolbar customization will not be saved, so we allow it to be shown and manipulated programatically, but don't allow the user to customize it in our implementation.

I'm not familiar with the behavior you are having with #2 (or how to solve it). Are you doing anything unique in your setup?

Mar 28, 2012 at 1:53 PM
Edited Mar 28, 2012 at 2:42 PM

After several days struggling, I finally get the plugin framework of DotSpatial. The extention system of DotSpatial is well designed generally, but it is still with some rough edges and should be polished. 

1) When no plugins available, the host will failed to start up, this is due the the logic error of AppManager.ActivateAllExtensions(), just take a look and I believe you can fix it easily.

2) The second problem I proposed above was caused by the following code of  'BrandedSplashScreen_Load' method.

// TopMost would prevent Message Boxes from being seen.           

SetForegroundWindow(this.Handle);

Next, I'll start reading the codes of Map control. Thanks for your excellent work.

Developer
Mar 28, 2012 at 4:18 PM

I'm glad to see you're diving in!

I don't understand what is happening and what you expected regarding #1 above. As shown in previous release notes:

By design dock manager, header control and progress handler are not loaded if nothing that implements IExtension is present.

Apr 6, 2012 at 7:32 AM
Dear mugnug!
Can you tell me your full name, institute and country etc, I want to give you some acknowledgements on my PhD dissertation.
Thank you.
Wei Yan

Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2012 12:18 AM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: How to show Quick Access Toolbar [DotSpatial:349992]

I'm glad to see you're diving in!

I don't understand what is happening and what you expected regarding #1 above. As shown in previous release notes:

By design dock manager, header control and progress handler are not loaded if nothing that implements IExtension is present.