DotSpatial 1.0 DemoMap.exe Source

Feb 6, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Hi guys,

I actually really enjoyed the new 1.0 version of the DemoMap. When loading Dospatial.Examples.DemoMap, it is the still the same from the older versions. Would there be any way you could release the source of the new 1.0 DemoMap.exe, so I could get a little bit more of an understanding on how you built it?

Thanks,

Logan

Developer
Feb 6, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Hi Logan,

Click the Source Code tab to browse or download the source.

Feb 7, 2012 at 5:53 AM

Mudnug,

I have looked through the source, yet I am still finding that DotSpatial.Examples.DemoMap is just the simple map/legend/toolbox model.

When running the DotSpatial 1.0 DemoMap that was pre-compiled, I see many different abilities. These include loading SpatiaLite databases, on-the-fly re-projections, multiple web basemaps, and the ability to add shapes, and keep measured areas on-screen. This also includes the DotSpatial Print Layout.

I am very interested to explore your framework more, but I would like to see this done in code, so I can get an idea of how you implement your API.

Thanks in Advance,

Logan

Developer
Feb 7, 2012 at 6:47 PM

It's all in there! For example, see DotSpatial.Plugins.Measure for the measure tool. Does this help?

Feb 7, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Wow,

Blonde moment. Thank you.

So if I wanted to load that plugin within my form, what would be the best way to do so?

Developer
Feb 7, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Visit the DotSpatial Tutorials page for tutorials and sample code.

How to Support Loading Extensions