This project is read-only.

DotSpatial Roadmap - Next release

Sep 7, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Hi developers

I have from time to time downloaded the most current “release” of dotspartial, and tested if I was able to rewrite my MapWindow OCX based application to use dotspartial instead.

Unfortunately it comes out short! Last time I tried, I found that rotating labels e.g. 45 degrees in not implemented yet. (It is mentioned in the Roadmap, but still missing)

The last post on DotSpatial Roadmap is from February, and the latest release is from May.

I can see that mudnug is almost the only active developer at the moment.

Are there any plans on updating the Roadmap document soon and could you give any indication on when the next release is planed for?

Sep 7, 2011 at 6:45 PM

We do need to update the roadmap. Thanks for pointing this out.

- Dan
--------
Daniel P. Ames Ph.D.
Idaho State University Dept. of Geosciences
dan.ames@isu.edu
--------
Sent from my Droid

On Sep 7, 2011 6:38 AM, "ce_web" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:
> From: ce_web
>
> Hi developersI have from time to time downloaded the most current "release" of dotspartial, and tested if I was able to rewrite my MapWindow OCX based application to use dotspartial instead.Unfortunately it comes out short! Last time I tried, I found that rotating labels e.g. 45 degrees in not implemented yet. (It is mentioned in the Roadmap, but still missing)The last post on DotSpatial Roadmap is from February, and the latest release is from May.I can see that mudnug is almost the only active developer at the moment.Are there any plans on updating the Roadmap document soon and could you give any indication on when the next release is planed for?
>
>
Sep 7, 2011 at 6:51 PM

Hi ce_web,

I used to build some applications using Delphi + MapWindow OCX .

Recently I started to study C# and decided to try the DotSpatial libraries.

I've got some help from mudnug (DotSpatialApp's coordinator).

Unfortunately, my impressions are that Ted and Dan aren't so involved recently...

Regards

Evemar

Sep 7, 2011 at 7:13 PM

Hey guys. I'm here but Ted has indeed moved on a bit, though I think we can still rope him in as needed. Mudnug is a full time programmer in my lab working exclusively on DS. Please do post your ideas and needs here!

- Dan
--------
Daniel P. Ames Ph.D.
Idaho State University Dept. of Geosciences
dan.ames@isu.edu
--------
Sent from my Droid

On Sep 7, 2011 11:51 AM, "evemar" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote: