This project is read-only.

Use DotSpatial on Windows CE

Jun 30, 2011 at 6:42 PM

I need to develop an application for Windows CE (on PDA) that it opens ecw and shp files, but the DotSpatial controls  are not loaded into VS2008 to program for Windows CE. Is it possible to loaded the dlls to work with VS2008 to develop for Windows CE?

Thanks.

Jun 30, 2011 at 6:49 PM
Unfortunately our current builds of DotSpatial require DotNet Framework 4 which means it won't run on CE. However... someone could refactor the components for CE if they were so inclined...

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 11:43 AM, josza <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I need to develop an application for Windows CE (on PDA) that it opens ecw and shp files, but the DotSpatial controls are not loaded into VS2008 to program for Windows CE. Is it possible to loaded the dlls to work with VS2008 to develop for Windows CE?

Thanks.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (DotSpatial@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email DotSpatial@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Daniel P. Ames, Ph.D. PE
Associate Professor, Geosciences
Idaho State University - Idaho Falls
dan.ames@isu.edu
geology.isu.edu
www.mapwindow.org

Jun 30, 2011 at 8:16 PM

I've tried the DotSpatial controls (3.5), but it doesn't work on VS2008 when I'm developing for Windows CE. Will the 4.0 version work if they were compiling again to work on VS2008?

Jun 30, 2011 at 8:21 PM
Not sure. I've never coded for CE. You are our test case for this...

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 1:16 PM, josza <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I've tried the DotSpatial controls (3.5), but it doesn't work on VS2008 when I'm developing for Windows CE. Will the 4.0 version work if they were compiling again to work on VS2008?

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (DotSpatial@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email DotSpatial@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Daniel P. Ames, Ph.D. PE
dan.ames@isu.edu
geology.isu.edu
www.mapwindow.org

Jun 30, 2011 at 9:34 PM

All right. How do we do?. If you provide me the controls, I tried to develop the application on Windows CE and I provide you the results. Are you agree or do you propose another way?

Jun 30, 2011 at 10:02 PM
If there code compiles for the platform, then we can setup an
automated build, and see it we can just use a switch
If there are API's that are not CE compliant, then we need to add IFDEF's

I think the hard part is that are there CE compatible versions of the
binary libraries (OGR, etc), or can those 'plug-ins' be excluded

I would say start with a fork, and it it works, ask to merge it.

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 1:34 PM, [email removed] wrote:
> From: josza
>
> All right. How do we do?. If you provide me the controls, I tried to develop
> the application on Windows CE and I provide you the results. Are you agree
> or do you propose another way?
>
> Read the full discussion online.
>
> To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email
> ([email removed])
>
> To start a new discussion for this project, email
> [email removed]
>
> You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on
> CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.
>
> Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts
> to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com
Jun 30, 2011 at 11:13 PM
All of the code for DotSpatial is on the Codeplex site. The user controls are in DotSpatial.Controls assembly. I guess the first test would be to try to compile the map control for CE.

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 2:34 PM, josza <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

All right. How do we do?. If you provide me the controls, I tried to develop the application on Windows CE and I provide you the results. Are you agree or do you propose another way?

--
Daniel P. Ames, Ph.D. PE
dan.ames@isu.edu
geology.isu.edu
www.mapwindow.org