This project is read-only.

How to import ascii rasters with dotspatial?

Jun 30, 2011 at 4:57 PM

Dear all,

I am new to dotspatial, and I am trying to create my own gis application. I created the layout described in the first video about dotspatial, and so far everything is fine.

I can open shapefiles and the type of .bgd binary files, however importing ascii rasters seems not to be supported. Or at least I couldn't find a tutorial explaining me how to di it.

With mapwingis 4.x it was possible with MapWinGIS.Grid objects. Is there something similar in Dotspatial?

Thank you

Oscar

Jun 30, 2011 at 5:00 PM
Oscar, these additional grid types are supported through the GDAL data provider which is an add-on for DotSpatial. You can see a tutorial about it here: http://dotspatial.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=DotSpatial%20Tutorials&referringTitle=Documentation (look at tutorial 9). - Dan

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 9:57 AM, oscarnello1 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Dear all,

I am new to dotspatial, and I am trying to create my own gis application. I created the layout described in the first video about dotspatial, and so far everything is fine.

I can open shapefiles and the type of .bgd binary files, however importing ascii rasters seems not to be supported. Or at least I couldn't find a tutorial explaining me how to di it.

With mapwingis 4.x it was possible with MapWinGIS.Grid objects. Is there something similar in Dotspatial?

Thank you

Oscar

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (DotSpatial@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email DotSpatial@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Daniel P. Ames, Ph.D. PE
Associate Professor, Geosciences
Idaho State University - Idaho Falls
dan.ames@isu.edu
geology.isu.edu
www.mapwindow.org

Jun 30, 2011 at 5:11 PM

wow...nearly realtime!

Thank you very much, followed the tutorial and everything works fine!!!!!

Thank you!

Oscar 

Jun 30, 2011 at 5:15 PM
Excellent! By the way, as someone who has worked with our ActiveX stuff and now looking at DotSpatial, we'd be very interested to get your feedback and help. You can see that our list of tutorials is fairly short so if you get to a point where you feel up to helping out by writing a tutorial on something you've learned to do, know that any contributions are much appreciated! - Dan

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 10:11 AM, oscarnello1 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

wow...nearly realtime!

Thank you very much, followed the tutorial and everything works fine!!!!!

Thank you!

Oscar

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (DotSpatial@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email DotSpatial@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Daniel P. Ames, Ph.D. PE
Associate Professor, Geosciences
Idaho State University - Idaho Falls
dan.ames@isu.edu
geology.isu.edu
www.mapwindow.org

Jul 1, 2011 at 10:42 AM
Dear Dan,

for sure I will try my best to be helpful to anyone!
I must say that I made very little work with the activex and I am starting
to work with dotspatial because it seems to me easier and more powerful.
So I am at the very beginning, hope to learn quickly!
If I get to some interesting results I might try to make some tutorial.
Hopefully as soon as possible!

Thanks again for the help and also for the project which is a great thing!
Oscar

> From: danames
>
> Excellent! By the way, as someone who has worked with our ActiveX stuff
> and now looking at DotSpatial, we'd be very interested to get your
> feedback and help. You can see that our list of tutorials is fairly short
> so if you get to a point where you feel up to helping out by writing a
> tutorial on something you've learned to do, know that any contributions
> are much appreciated! - Dan
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 10:11 AM, oscarnello1 <[email removed]>
> wrote:
> From: oscarnello1wow...nearly realtime!Thank you very much, followed the