Linux-Mono GDAL Plugin porting

Jun 24, 2011 at 3:42 PM

I developed an application using Dotspatial library in Windows. I copied Data Extensions folder to Debug and it successfully loaded gdal plugin, and I can open tiff, cadrg, etc. files. Now I want to port my application to Linux using mono. I installed FWTools for Linux. However when I opened my application it can not open GDAL file types. I guess it can not load gdal plugin. What should I do to make GDAL plugin for Dotspatial run on Linux platform and load GDAL file types ? Any help will be appreciated.

Jul 1, 2011 at 6:02 PM
Edited Jul 1, 2011 at 6:03 PM

At last, I succeeded to port my application using Dotspatial to Linux and show JPEG, GIF, TIFF, GeoTIFF and CADRG maps on that application. I used mono for running the application, compiled GDAL and Swig on Linux

Developer
Jul 1, 2011 at 6:09 PM

This is great news! Please continue to keep us posted on your use of DotSpatial and GDAL on Linux, and be sure to say if there is something that could be changed to make it work better.

Jul 1, 2011 at 6:38 PM

There is a code in Dotspatial.Data package that prevents GDAL plugins to be loaded in platforms except for Windows. Why does it needed ? I needed to remove it to be able to load GDAL plugin on Linux