Weirdness with IPolygonScheme

Developer
May 19, 2011 at 7:49 PM

I build up an IPolygonScheme by adding a bunch of PolygonCategories.  It works great except that shapes that don't have a category associated with them get drawn in by an apparently randomly generated category in my PolygonScheme (it changes every time the program loads).  I got rid of that by calling:

IPolygonScheme ips = new PolygonScheme();
ips.Categories.Clear();

Before I add any categories.  Now only 4 of my 6 categories actually render.  I can see them in the legend so I know they have been added Any idea what is up with that?

Aaron Parks

RTI International

Developer
May 19, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Interestingly if you right click (on the legend) on the randomly generated color and select "Remove Category" several of the category selections disappear.  It is the same ones that disappear if you use ips.categories.clear() from above.

Aaron Parks

RTI International

Developer
May 19, 2011 at 7:58 PM

This is getting kind of silly, but also interesting is that right clicking "Select features" correctly accepts all the features I define, but when you do the randomly generated one all the features are selected.  However the color of the random category is only covering the areas that haven't been defined by a category.

Aaron Parks

RTI International

Developer
May 19, 2011 at 8:24 PM

Updating to the latest/greatest DS from mercurial didn't help.

Aaron Parks

RTI International