This project is read-only.

WebControls: some clarification

Mar 16, 2011 at 10:42 AM

At first I apologize of a mistake I was making uploading an image file that dosen't appartain to the project, but was my first experience with HG [ thank Jiri ;-) ]

The code i was posting is very raw, I have in my plan of cleaning them and remarking the code and writing some for understand how to implement them in your website.

I have no space on an internet web server (I tested them on local web server) and if someone have the opportunity it would be nice check how the code works on a real web site

So if you use them on a web site please signal here the url.

Thanks

Tomaso

Mar 16, 2011 at 3:20 PM

I downloaded and found,huh,huh.

I can't use HG, I don't know why. Install failed always.

Mar 24, 2011 at 9:48 AM

at

http://www.tummi.somee.com/

a little demo.

Somee doesn't support session state natively  so in config file I specified that session are supported by procedure. Not very stable...

Using them from Italy it appear very slow, and I've seen some problems in refreshing ... new work !!!

Aug 24, 2011 at 2:33 PM

Some one uses DotSpatial.WebControls ?

Oct 27, 2011 at 9:33 PM

We have a project now at ISU that is going to require DotSpatial as a web application. So we'll start using the WebControls and will continue to develop it as well. Anyone else?

Oct 27, 2011 at 10:29 PM

I'm developping a new version of the WebControls. At the presente I have developped:

• WebMap
  • WebLegend
  • WebToolbar
  • a class for put TMS/WMS on the back
  • a class for show icons as markers for a link with an action (tooltips, opening another windows, ....) something like google map markers

they are still very raw but they works

I have to develop an example.

The problem is that the batch file here -> http://dotspatial.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=GettingSourceCode&referringTitle=Documentation

doesen't work

Is my problem ?

Oct 27, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Tortoise HG now works !

Oct 27, 2011 at 10:34 PM
Great! Before we start working heavily on web controls we will need to coordinate closely with you so we can be efficient...

- Dan

--------------------------
Daniel P. Ames, Ph.D. PE
Associate Professor, Geosciences
Idaho State University - Idaho Falls
dan.ames@isu.edu
geology.isu.edu
www.mapwindow.org

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 3:33 PM, Tummi <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Tortoise HG now works !

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (DotSpatial@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email DotSpatial@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Oct 28, 2011 at 2:29 AM

great work! Just use TortoiseHG for getting the code.

About the WMS, does the new version of WebControls support any type of WMS or does it require a specific projection?

Jiri

Oct 28, 2011 at 8:19 AM

I'm using 2 WMS server, reading the capabilities and reading layers form the xml file that returns. I suppose some bug may be present .....

Can you send me the url of the server you want to use so I can see if there is trouble with ?

I'm working on an example before posting the actual version.  If you like I can use the WMS server you need in this example.

Oct 28, 2011 at 5:28 PM
Edited Oct 28, 2011 at 5:28 PM

The new version is on line.

In the next days I cannot work on this project, so jirikadlec2 I cannot help you with WMS.

The example works with Bing maps, but is easy use them with OpenStreetMap, GoogleMaps, Esri server, etc.

The toolbar is create in "Standard" way but is possible create them in another way.

I Hope can be usefull for some people.

Feb 4, 2012 at 9:00 AM

I have gone through the dotSpatial lib  for desktop application and now I am trying same for web-application I am not getting the full fled tools(controls) to work with.. I am a beginner.. I want a tutorial for web application.. Any suggestion???

Feb 9, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Sorry but I have no time to write a tutorial - new child in family ;-) - but You can find DemoWeb loading the DotSpatialWeb project.

If you have any specific question post them here so everyone can read the answer, I hope to answer you in the next days !

Feb 17, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Ya I am new. I have gone through the DemoWeb loading DotSpatialWeb project. But I am not getting the way to load my own map(layers) in the application. I want the My DemoWeb as to have all the functionality like DemoMap. Will you please suggest me some way for the same??

Feb 17, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Working on the Web is a little bit different from working with a standalone application: some job is server side and some client side.

With the control I was writing the shapefiles you can use must to be on server (I don't know if there is a way the server can read data on the client machine).

In the example data are added from program coomands. Adding a function like "add a layer" means write a browser of a list of shapefiles in a folder on the server, probably with a "modal" window (note that not all browser supports "modal" in the same way...) and then you must write an interface to choose layer colors, etc.

If you want allow the user add its own shapefile you must to create an upload function and in this case check that are uploaded shp,shx,dbf, prj files for each layer and that all this files have the same name and that data they contains are congruent.

To upload a file FileUpload control is available. Files can be listed withh a ComboBox or a ListBox-

To manage "modal" window in your site you can give a look on AJAX controls available on http://www.asp.net/ and in source code here on codeplex at http://ajaxcontroltoolkit.codeplex.com/