This project is read-only.

DotSpatial Position GPS data

Mar 5, 2011 at 9:10 PM

I am learning to use these compoents using the DemoGPS project.  I am able to detect my device (BU-353) and get GPGGA sentences with my current location.  But when I cast the sentence received in the nmeaInterpeter1_SentenceReceived method to GpggaSentnce the position information is not put into the corresponding position properties.  It position is also not available in the nmeaInterpreter1_PositionChanged method - PositionEventArgs.

Any ideas as to why this is not working for me?

Aug 4, 2011 at 3:35 AM

Not too sure why that would be - I've used the same BU-353 with the demo GPS app without any issue. You shouldn't need to cast the sentance or even use the sentance recieved event to get position it should be in the PositionChanged event arguments,

Are you sure that the GPS unit has a position fix?

Aug 4, 2011 at 3:37 AM
How by clicking on the button to control the location of the map, such as: up, down, right, left.

Thanks

To: [email removed]
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 19:35:45 -0700
Subject: Re: DotSpatial Position GPS data [DotSpatial:248572]

Not too sure why that would be - I've used the same BU-353 with the demo GPS app without any issue. You shouldn't need to cast the sentance or even use the sentance recieved event to get position it should be in the PositionChanged event arguments,
Are you sure that the GPS unit has a position fix?
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (DotSpatial@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email DotSpatial@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com