Download documentation as chm: No Unblock option in Properties of the CHM file

Mar 1, 2011 at 3:58 PM

Hi all,

I want to see the contents of the CHM file.  I do not see the Unblock option in the Properties of the CHM file and I can not get the contents of the CHM file.

Please kindly help and advise me how to get the contents of the CHM file to open and download to my PC.

Thanks in advance,

Scott Chang 

Coordinator
Mar 1, 2011 at 10:45 PM

Hi Scott, 

Please try to download the chm file again. I've updated the documentation page and you can now download the file in "7-Zip" compression. This allows you to unzip it and open it with no problem. 

- Dan 

Mar 2, 2011 at 2:06 PM

Hi Dan,  Thanks for your response.

I downloaded the "7-Zip" program and the "single_chm_file" to my terminal PC that is in Microsoft NT4 LAN System.  Clicking on the "7-Zip" program produces PerForce Software:  I viewed WatchDemo first and then I clicked on Free Download.  I got p4demo.exe => Regwork,etc.  I executed Regwork and it checked my terminal PC and generated a set of many computer errors of my terminal PC!!!!  The "7-Zip" program seems too complicated for new users to use!!!   I am lost in this attempt for viewing the "single_chm_file" now.  Any more suggetions for viewing the contents of the CHM? 

Thanks again,

Scott Chang

Editor
Mar 2, 2011 at 2:45 PM

Dear Scott,

You only need to see the chm file properties and select the bottom unlock button to see the content.

Hope it serves you.

Francisco J.

Coordinator
Mar 3, 2011 at 9:12 AM

7zip is a simple and powerful zip program it seems you got pulled off into an advertisement of some kind...

- Dan
--------
Daniel P. Ames Ph.D.
Idaho State University Dept. of Geosciences
dan.ames@isu.edu
--------
Sent from my Droid

On Mar 2, 2011 8:07 AM, "Scott_H_Chang" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:
> From: Scott_H_Chang
>
> Hi Dan, Thanks for your response.I downloaded the "7-Zip" program and the "single_chm_file" to my terminal PC that is in Microsoft NT4 LAN System. Clicking on the "7-Zip" program produces PerForce Software: I viewed WatchDemo first and then I clicked on Free Download. I got p4demo.exe => Regwork,etc. I executed Regwork and it checked my terminal PC and generated a set of many computer errors of my terminal PC!!!! The "7-Zip" program seems too complicated for new users to use!!! I am lost in this attempt for viewing the "single_chm_file" now. Any more suggetions for viewing the contents of the CHM? Thanks again,Scott Chang
>
>
Mar 24, 2011 at 8:54 PM

Copy the file to your local computer. .chm files can't be opened over a network

Jan 25, 2014 at 1:01 AM
SkeeterDeeter wrote:
Copy the file to your local computer. .chm files can't be opened over a network
Cheers SkeeterDeeter.