How to use DotSpatial

Dec 29, 2010 at 8:09 AM

hi,

I am a newbie for dotspatial, How to use it? The document tell us to add DotSpatial.Desktop.dll into the Tool sidebar, but i can not find DotSpatial.Desktop.dll. I download the all version of dotspatial from the download web.

Developer
Dec 29, 2010 at 8:04 PM

Desktop has been refactored into DotSpatial.Controls and you may also need a reference to DotSpatial.Symbology, DotSpatial.Data, and maybe even DotSpatial.Topology or DotSpatial.Projections to do certain things.

Ted

Dec 30, 2010 at 12:01 PM

ok, I see. Thanks Ted!

Developer
Jan 6, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Perhaps this brief video will help. I demonstrate creating a new project and getting the visual components and references wired up in Visual C# 2010 Express.

Jan 7, 2011 at 5:37 AM

It looks great. Thanks mudnug for your help.  I use sharpdevelop 4.0 and dotnet framework 4.0, there is some thing wrong with ribbon! Is it a bug?

Developer
Jan 7, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Can you be more specific about your issue? Perhaps you should use the issue tracker for this request. If you download the source there is a DemoRibbon example which runs properly.

Coordinator
Jan 8, 2011 at 2:43 PM

If you post an issue about this, be sure to upload some sceenshots of the problem too.

- Dan
---------
Daniel P. Ames Ph.D.
Idaho State University Dept. of Gesciences
dan.ames@isu.edu
--------
Sent from my Droid
Mekong Delta,
Southern Vietnam

On Jan 8, 2011 5:44 AM, "mudnug" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:
> From: mudnug
>
> Can you be more specific about your issue? Perhaps you should use the issue tracker for this request. If you download the source there is a DemoRibbon example which runs properly.
>
>