Web DotSpatial

Developer
Dec 28, 2010 at 10:06 AM

I neded to show a little map on a small network but I want use DotSpatial because I don't like use other product (too much to study....) and so I was writing a very simple (simplicistic?) user control to manage maps on the web with Dot Spatial

How can I share the project?

May be some other want to use them.

Developer
Dec 28, 2010 at 1:37 PM

That sounds like this would be a great idea Tummi.  I think this depends on the scale of your project.  If you think this is a small project and would fit nicely as a yet another project in the DotSpatial domain, then if you do not have developer permission yet, request it and then you can just add your new project to the source repository with the others.  We have been naming our sub projects like DotSpatial.Namespace.dll.  This might be DotSpatial.Web.dll or something.  If your project is very large and you expect a kind of independent development direction, the other consideration is to set up an entirely new codeplex site.  This is the model for projects like MapWindow 6 and HydroDesktop which have a life of their own, but simply depend on the DotSpatial libraries.  Just let me know what you want to do with it.

Ted

Coordinator
Dec 28, 2010 at 8:37 PM
I agree with Ted. If you want to contribute it as a core part of DotSpatial, then please consider adding it as DotSpatial.Web.dll. Alternatively you could build and host your own codeplex site and link it to the dotspatial site. - Dan

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 7:37 AM, shade1974 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

That sounds like this would be a great idea Tummi. I think this depends on the scale of your project. If you think this is a small project and would fit nicely as a yet another project in the DotSpatial domain, then if you do not have developer permission yet, request it and then you can just add your new project to the source repository with the others. We have been naming our sub projects like DotSpatial.Namespace.dll. This might be DotSpatial.Web.dll or something. If your project is very large and you expect a kind of independent development direction, the other consideration is to set up an entirely new codeplex site. This is the model for projects like MapWindow 6 and HydroDesktop which have a life of their own, but simply depend on the DotSpatial libraries. Just let me know what you want to do with it.

Ted

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (DotSpatial@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email DotSpatial@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Daniel P. Ames, Ph.D. PE
Associate Professor, Geosciences
Idaho State University - Idaho Falls
amesdani@isu.edu
geology.isu.edu
www.mapwindow.org

Developer
Dec 29, 2010 at 7:57 AM

I still have not a lot of experience in developping in c#, really small experience in web developping and also some problem with english :-)

Can I send the project via email so you can evaluate if it is interesting to include them in your work ? (is really a little piece of code: more a suggestion then a real work !)

My address is in your mailbox !