This project is read-only.

Definition Query or hide feature

Dec 7, 2010 at 7:14 PM
Edited Dec 7, 2010 at 7:14 PM

Hello,

Is there a way to create a Definition query (like in ArcMap) or hide a feature from a shapefile in MW6?

Thanks,

VK.

Dec 7, 2010 at 8:58 PM

Ok, I figured it out.

IFeatureLayer featureLayer = (IFeatureLayer)UtilityFunctions.GetLayer("layerName"); 
featureLayer.SetVisible(e.RowIndex,false);

Thanks,

VK.

Dec 7, 2010 at 9:04 PM

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by a definition query, but if you mean setting up a filter expression to restrict which shapes appear based on attributes you could do something like the following:

private void SetFilterExpression()
{
   FeatureSet fs = new FeatureSet();
   fs.Open("filename.shp");
  IMapFeatureLayer layer = map1.Layers.Add(fs);
   layer.Symbology.GetCategories().First().FilterExpression = "[State]='Texas'";
}

If you mean more like only showing a sub-range based on extent, you can use the FeatureSet.Select() method.

Ted

Dec 8, 2010 at 6:54 PM

Ted,

Thank you. Actually, FeatureLayer.SetVisible() will work better for my scenario. But I am having some trouble with it.

I have a grid where I am displaying the records of the shapfile. I also have a link button in the grid that can be used to toggle the visibility of a feature.

I am able to hide a feature when the link button is clicked by using the FeatureLayer.SetVisible (int index, bool visible). But I am not able to turn it back again by using FeatureLayer.SetVisible (1,true).

Any suggestions? Is there another way to do this?

Thank you,

VK.

Dec 8, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Ok Its working now.

Using the index in FeatureLayer.SetVisible() was turning a feature off, but not showing it back again. But if you use a Feature in FeatureLayer.SetVisible() instead of an index works both ways.

Thanks,

VK.