This project is read-only.

ShapeEditorApp

Sep 22, 2010 at 11:25 PM

Can somebody point me to where I can learn how to invoke the ShapeEditorApp?  I tried running the Enable Applications command in DotSpatial.TestForm, but when I pick ShapeEditor, I get the following exception: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'DotSpatial.Controls.Ribbon DotSpatial.Maps.IMapPluginArgs.get_Ribbon()'.
   at ShapeEditor.ShapeEditorApp.OnActivate()

Or maybe this be related to the namespace changes?

Thanks,

Kyle

Sep 22, 2010 at 11:42 PM

Very interesting.  You should only be affected by my current namespace updates if you are working in the "SymbologyRefactoring" branch of the source code.  In that case, yes, not much of anything has been tested yet, though I committed a version that at least compiles this morning.  I will be running some tests tonight to make sure everything is working and finding bugs that cropped up.  However, assuming you are working with a pre-refactoring branch, there are some recently (and hastily thrown together) updates to the ShapeEditor to theoretically enable it to switch modes when you launch it, depending on what kind of control layout you have in your project.  Part of that update enables it to verify whether or not you have a ribbon by checking if the ribbon property on the IMapPluginArgs is null.  The only way I can envision the IMapPluginArgs not having a "Ribbon" property is if you somehow had a version that predates HydroDesktop's recent switch to a ribbon supporting layout.  So somehow the error is likely not quite what it seems and some other kind of glitch is likely here.

Ted

Sep 22, 2010 at 11:53 PM

I'm working in 164 (a504a172bc6e) Moved angle controls to DotSpatial.Symbology.F... Wanted to make sure there was not something else I needed to do prior to enabling it.

Kyle

Sep 23, 2010 at 12:27 AM

Yes, that might have been the last one before I started tearing apart DotSpatial.Desktop into the new libraries, so you should be good from that perspective.  Could be a different bug though.  Even though my version compiles and launches the form, it doesn't show the ShapeEditorApp in the AppDialog, so I have some work to do before I'm even to the point where I can test your bug =).  Hopefully by the end of tonight I'll have the basic name-change bugs fixed and can test for your exception.

Ted