DotSpatial 2.0

Jun 5 at 6:25 PM
When do you anticipate a new build? I am waiting for the M-value correction for linear features.
Developer
Jun 6 at 4:36 AM
If you're talking about issue 946, this will be fixed as soon as it gets fixed in NTS.

If you're not talking about that, not sure what fix you're waiting for. Every commit gets a build so check out the latest available build from master branch link from the main page.
Jun 6 at 9:40 PM
Edited Jun 6 at 9:51 PM
I asked around January about a problem I had found. When creating a Polyline, M values were not showing up (If I remember correctly, they were showing up as NaN or null). After a few days, I think it was you and another developer that replied to that thread that the problem had been located and would be corrected in the next build. I had not heard anything since then. Could be my faulty thinking, but I figured a new 2.0 build would come out with that correction.

I just saw that issue 935 has been corrected. I believe that is the once in question.

Do i need to download the source and compile it myself to get the corrected dlls or is there a downloadable file with the updated dlls in it ?
Developer
Jun 7 at 6:28 AM
Yes that was me that answered to your old post. I figured you have the link to issue 935 in that post and I told you to download the finished dlls after the post was closed so everything was there.

No you don't need to compile the code yourself.

As I wrote above, go to the github main page and click on the Latest available build from master branch link to download the dlls.
Jun 7 at 1:57 PM
Thanks for your help. This should really help me with this project.
Jun 12 at 1:35 PM
To tag onto this, will there be any "official" releases? I've been waiting for a 2.0 or something to signify stability.
Developer
Jun 12 at 2:06 PM
Edited Jun 12 at 2:06 PM
There currently is an alpha release of 2.0. There are a few major points on the list we are thinking about including in 2.0 because 2.0 already contains a lot of breaking changes and those things would cause breaking changes, too. Unfortunately this is a question of having the time to make those missing changes before 2.0 gets released "officially".

All in all I'd say the current master branch is as stable as any release we could put out today would be. It's just the question whether you would be alright with having to adjust your code again to any further breaking changes after the "official release".