Plans for a release (NuGet) ?

Developer
Jul 16, 2015 at 8:30 AM
I see quite a lot of activity in the past year, but it has been almost a year now since the 1.7 release.

My organization is a bit hesitant to just take the last changeset from trunk so i am hoping for an official release in Nuget format in the not so distant future ?
Developer
Jul 22, 2015 at 4:14 PM
We are planning to come out with a 2.0 release in the next few weeks.
Jul 22, 2015 at 7:38 PM
I posted some patches back in ~April. They seemed to have gone missing in the switch to Git. Have they been applied? If not, please do so.

Thanks.

-Phil
Developer
Jul 23, 2015 at 6:16 AM
If that were the patched with the reversed coordinates they've been applied in changeset e9484150f9f9. If not you could maybe create an issue for your patch because I have no access to those missing patches.
Developer
Jul 23, 2015 at 7:32 AM
Edited Jul 23, 2015 at 7:32 AM
mbayles wrote:
We are planning to come out with a 2.0 release in the next few weeks.
That would fit our agenda just perfectly, thank you !
Jul 24, 2015 at 6:02 PM
2 simple patches fixed bugs in DotSpatial that make it crash when used with a ASP.NET app. Another patch added a new feature to DotSpatial.WebControls.

Sounds like these patches have been deleted or lost. Could you please clarify what's going on? I don't have the notes or patches that I uploaded - the idea of a code repository system is that we don't have to worry about that once they've been uploaded, right?

Note that it's kind of misleading to feature this statement prominently on the home page:

"Display a map in a .NET Windows Forms or Web application"

I don't believe DS has ever worked with ASP.NET Web apps because of these bugs.

Note that additional patches would be needed to fix DS bugs re. using plugins such as DotSpatial.Data.Rasters.GdalExtension in an ASP.NET app.

Thanks.

-Phil
Developer
Jul 28, 2015 at 3:56 PM
Having conversed with the CodePlex team, it appears that patches are not supported by a Git repository. Unfortunately, during the process of switching from a TFS repository to a Git repository, the patches were deleted and there is no way to retrieve them.
Jul 28, 2015 at 8:15 PM
Thanks for checking on that. I guess the lesson is don't wait for months to apply patches.

Could you document on your site the steps for submitting patches? I don't see anything about that on the Source Code tab. There used to be a button for uploading patches and a way to seeing a list of submitted patches.

Thanks.

-Phil
Developer
Jul 30, 2015 at 4:12 PM
With the switch to Git it appears that patches are not supported. Essentially you can download the code and "push" your changes back to the repository.