ShapeEditor.dll,How to Save shape to current feature layer

Aug 24, 2014 at 8:07 AM
Hi every one,
I am using shapeditor.dll and I could manage to use its function in my own buttons but now I want to save changes that end user has been commited in feature layer.I want somthing like save button that saves changes.For example user uses move vertex function and moves a shape.How can then I save changes in that feature layer?

another problem is how can I get that changed shape as WKT in case of saving to sql server database?

thanks very much
Sep 25, 2015 at 5:55 AM
Edited Sep 25, 2015 at 5:57 AM
Hi am2, I was just looking for how to use this shapeeditor.dll. I would like to edit polygon (add/remove/move vertex). Can you guide me on the steps to follow? I already added Dotspatial.Plugins.shapeEditor in my references but no clue how to use it.
And you might have already found a solution to save the changes.

Thank you,
sypou
Sep 25, 2015 at 3:54 PM
Hi,

Not sure whether you already found a way to save the changes or not, but for me, I save the edits from table editor (tried it from Demo Map).

Sypou
Sep 25, 2015 at 7:49 PM
I saved it by a wkt format in sql database
Sep 25, 2015 at 9:09 PM
Hi am2, ok. Anyway can you help me for the steps to use the ShapeEditor.dll for my own button? What I am tryingg to do is to use AddShapeFunction and MoveVertexFunction like in DemoMap.

Thank you,
sypou
Jan 4, 2016 at 6:49 PM
I could not remember how I implimented it,But the usual way is to activate plugin and add it to map functions..I dont have access to it right now :(