ArcGIS Server DotSpatial Brutile layer

Sep 13, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Has anyone accessed a ESRI ArcGIS image map services using Brutiile layer. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sep 17, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Is it possible to connect to my own tile server with brutile? Can anyone help?
Editor
Sep 17, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Yes you can. Please refer to the forum on brutile.complex.com.
In essence you need to setup some tileprovider to use BruTileLayer within DotSpatial.

Hth Obermaier
Sep 18, 2013 at 6:15 PM
FObermaier, thank you very much for the reply.

Today I did lots of thigs with recompiling brutile and BruTileLayer and i got it working.

But there is one issue. Different coordinate systems of Brutilelayer and shape file. Coordinates on brutilelayer are not correct. How to synchronize them?
Editor
Sep 19, 2013 at 4:38 AM
BruTile or BruTlieLayer does not reproject the Tiles onthefly.
You have to reproject your other data to the coordinate system of the Tiles, which is usually WebMerkator or Wgs84.
Sep 19, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Thx FObermaier

does this mean that lets say i have a working project in lets say a Dutch-projection i have to reproject all teh data to Wgs84 to use the tiles? Will this make my projet slow? And what would be a good estimation... 5-10%

thx in advance
Sep 19, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Hi, Joska. I reprojected my shapefiles to webmerkator projection and it worked.
Editor
Sep 19, 2013 at 12:29 PM
If you have full control over the tile server you can have it export tiles in any projection you choose. In that case you may not have to reproject your other data.
If you want to rely on Bing/OSM/MbTiles/... maps, you area stuck on WebMercator for you other data.
For DotSpatial (unlike SharpMap), reprojecting vector data is a once per featureset operation, it is not done in the rendering process. I cannot tell how much time it will cost.

IIRC KEllison did some reprojection of tiles by
  • reprojecting the corner points of each tile and
  • deriving a transformation matrix from those
I don't know about the quality of the resulting image, though.

Hth FObermaier