This project is read-only.

How can I add Google Maps data into the map control?

May 29, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Hello everyone.

I am developing a windows form project which includes DotSpatial Map and Legend Controls, without using DotSpatial Toolbar. I am trying to display GoogleMaps data in Map control on my form. But I could not load Google Maps data into Map.Layers with one of the Add... methods. Also I cannot find any sample about it.

I have searched the discussions, but I cannot find any sample which shows how I load and display Google Maps (or any online map) data into Map control.

I have looked to the DemoMap application also. If I am not wrong, toolbar handles the online map data via applicationmanager. But how can I link applicationmanager and Map control on my form?

I have tried to create Plugins directory in my exe path, and copied the "DotSpatial.Plugins.WebMap.dll" and "BruTile.dll" like DemoMap directory structure. Then I got error message about absence of IDockManager, IHeaderControl and IStatusControl.

Some samples discuss BruTileLayer, but current DotSpatial.Controls does not have BruTileLayer class.

I cannot find a way to link Map control on my form and BruTile assembly or ServiceProvider class.

Is there any sample abot this issue?

Best regards...
May 29, 2013 at 6:37 PM
yes there is but it aint easy...... try to do a search on

brutile
May 30, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Check this TEXT

joska has compiled dll to load satellite maps, tell you the pass...
Jun 3, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Edited Jun 3, 2013 at 4:19 PM
I have the same doubt.
But with this is posible https://dotspatial.codeplex.com/discussions/403644