Problem when loading other .dll from my plugin dll

May 17, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Hi all,

I have a problem when loading other .dll from my plugin dll.

Here is the thing. I am writing a plugin dll in dotspatial for mapwindow. It works fine. But when I try to use other's dll ( for example I am trying to use atcUtility.dll ) in my own plugin, it shows in mapwindow that :

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'atcUtility, Version=3.1.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'atcUtility, Version=3.1.2.0, Culture=neutral,

And I can see that dll is just inside CUAHSI HIS\HydroDesktop 1.5.12\Plugins but can not be find. Are there anyone have the same problem before..?

Thank you very much!
May 17, 2013 at 7:50 PM
By the way I am writing plugin for Hydrodesktop... Cause my Mapwindow 4 can not load the plugin dll I have wrote. Are there anyone have this problem before?

Thank you very much!
May 17, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Try to check the platform target of your project. It has to be the same of your arcUtility.dll..
Developer
May 23, 2013 at 5:27 PM
atcUtility depends on MapWinUtility.dll, so be sure to get the version of MapWinUtility.dll that was in the same package with it.
If this is the version from BASINS, then it is compiled for x86 and .Net 3.5. If it is from D4EM, then it is compiled for x86 and .Net 4.0.