ClipPolygonFeatureSetWithPolygon error

Apr 22, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Dear all

I am trying to use the ClipPolygonFeatureSetWithPolygon function to split one polygon in two separate polygons. Let's call "polygonTosplit" to identify the input polygon I want to split in two, and "splitting polygon" the polygon I use to identify the part of the polygonTosplit to recover.
The problem I encounter is that the first time I split a polygon feature everything works fine, but when I then further try to split one of the newly created polygons into two I get no features in the output featureset.
The problem is in the intersection method which does not return the intersection feature in the second splitting.
The strange thing is that this error happens only when the splytting polygon overlap the side of the polygontosplit that resulted from previous splitting. While if I split one polygon many times but using at each time a splitting polygon non-overlapping the previous ones everything works fine.
I hope I have been clear enough in my explanation...as you may notice I am not native speaker.

Could it be a problem of single vs multi part shapes?

Thank you
Oscar
Coordinator
Apr 23, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Oscar, the best thing I can suggest is to have you prepare some small sample code and sample data that demonstrates the issue and post it on the issue tracker. - Dan
May 3, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Thank you Dan,

I have to think how to depict this in a clear way within an issue with some examples, I need to go through the procedure to find exactly where it gives wrong results.
I did it once but I need some spare time to test it again.
As soon as I get some spare time I will try my best to do it.

Thanks
Oscar
Jun 17, 2013 at 1:44 PM
I found some time to try to figure out where the problem might be. See this ISSUE

Oscar