DotSpatial 1.4 Minimal used in Visual C# 2012 Express: 1 Error-Object reference not set to an instance of an object. How to resolve it?

Jan 4, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Edited Jan 4, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Hi all,

I downloaded the DotSpatial 1.4 Minimal.zip to a folder of my C:/Drive. I unzipped it. I launched a Windows Form application "scDotSpatialForm1" in my Visual C# 2012 Express.  I got the dll files of DotSpatial.Analysis, DotSpatial.Compatibility, DotSpatial.Controls, DotSptial.Data, .... , DotSpatial.Topology to the References of my "scDotSpatialForm1" project.  I managed to get the DotSpatial"tab in the Toolbox (in left Pane): AppManager, LayoutControl, LayoutDocToolStrip, LayoutInsertToolStrip, LayoutListBox, LayoutMapStrip, LayoutMenuStrip, LayoutPropertyGrid, LayoutZoomToolStrip, Legend, Map, Modeler, SpatialStatusStrip, SpatialToolStrip, and ToolManager.  I dragged and dropped SpatialToolStrip and SpatialStatusStrip on the surface of Windows Form of my project successfully - DotSpatial Toolbar appeared on the top of the surface of the Windows Form and the SpatialStatusStrip appeared on the buttom of the Windows Form. I clicked on the "Save All" button. But minutes later, the VC# 2012 Express asked to save the "Solution Exp;lorer" of my project - I did it and exited the session of the VC# 2012 Express programming.  Next day, I opened my "scDotSpatialForm1" project and I saw one Error - To prevent possible data loss before loading the designer, the following errors must be resolved:  Oject reference not set to an instance of an object.  .... Please view the http://www.ge.tt/1r7eOfU/v/0 for details of the error message.  I have no ideas how to resolve this error.  Please kindly help and instruct me in solving this error/problem.

Thanks in advance,

Scott Chang

Jan 16, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I have a similar issue.It seems that has some relation with setting AppManager property of the object you are trying to use.