DotSpatial 1.4 and Visual C# 2012 Express: Download the DotSpatial class library, create the DotSpatial tools, add the DotSpatial reference, etc.

Nov 29, 2012 at 1:55 PM
Edited Nov 29, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Hi jirikadlec2,

I just saw DotSpatial 1.4 updated and released by you on Nov 14, 2012.  I just have the Microsoft Visual C# 2012 Express installed (by the Computer Team of our organization) installed in my PC of Microsoft NT  4 LAN System recently. I am interested in downloading the DotSpatial 1.4 Minimal.zip to the Visual C# 2012 Express of my PC.  Can the DotSpatial 1.4 Minimal work in the Visual C# 2012 Express adequately?  The Visual C# 2012 Express is very new to me and it has 64-bit and 32-bit options in it.   Should I use the 64-bit option to connect the DotSpatial 1.4 Minimal to do the Open-Source GIS programming?   I just reviewed my old DotSpatial tutorial materials for the DotSpatial class library, create the DotSpatial tools, add the DotSpatial reference, etc. I launched a new project in my Visual C# 2012 Express and I am having a hard time to add the DotSpatial reference in the Solution of my project and to create the DotSpatial tools in the Toolbox of my project.   Please kindly help me and advise me (1) how I should choose the right option of DotSpatial 1.4 Minimal for the 64-bit part of Visual C# 2012 Express, (2) how I can set up the reference of DotSpatial 1.4 in the Solution of my project, and (3) how I can get the DotSpatial tools in the Toolbox of my project.

Please respond.

Thanks,

Scott Chang

P. S.  Microsoft Window 7 has been installed in my PC recently.