Doing DotSpatial in Visual C# 2010 Express: How to get (1) Using PointSymbolizer on DrawingLayer, and (2) Create an Extension to Import an Excel Worksheet started via DotSpatial.Plugins.Project.Template?

Jul 12, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Hi Mudnug,

A) I think that I understand your DotSpatial.Plugins.Project.Template well enough to launch a Windows Forms application in my Visual C# 2010 Express: (1) I clicked on Online Tamplates => Windows Forms => DotSpatial Pligin Template, (2) It tried to download and install the Template. I clicked on the "Install" button and I got the followiong:  Microsoft Visual C# 2010 Express  This extension cannot be installed because the following references are missing: - NuGet Package Manager.  (Note:  I asked our office Computer Team to download and install the "NuGet" Package Manager in my PC that is housed in Microsoft NT 4 LAN Systeem 3 weeks ago.) Mudnug, why did I get this error?  The "NuGET" Package Manager does not work in my Visual C# 2010 Express!!??   

B) How can I get your "Using PointSymbolizer on a DrawingLayer" and "Create an Extension to Import an Excel Worksheet" of DotSpatial code/project started in my Visual C# 2010 Express via DotSpatial Plugin Template?

Please kindly help and respond.

Thanks,

Scott Chang

Developer
Jul 12, 2012 at 4:37 PM

A) You can't add the NuGet Package Manager the last time I checked to the Express editions. See http://nuget.codeplex.com/workitem/184 and http://dotspatial.codeplex.com/discussions/356569

B) I don't have enough time personally to help you through this, but let's see if someone else on the forum might be willing to respond.

Jul 25, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Hi Mudnug, Thanks for your nice responses.

After a long 2-month struggle in catching up the DotSpatial 1.2 and MapWindow 6.1.2, I am convinced that only way to do DotSpatial 1.2 in Visual C# 2010 Express is using your DotSpatial Plugin Template for VS express editions and building everything (Legend, Map, dataset, etc.) from ground up!!  It is a quite tedious job to do.  No one is willing to respond and help me to do this kind of job!!  Could you please kindly give me some key guidance/steps or literatures to get Legend, Map. Creating Features/shapefile of Point, Line and Polygon from Excel data file to the Map,.... of DotSpatial 1.2 started in Visual C# 2010 Express?  Please respond.

Thanks,

Scott Chang