The latest release won't work

Oct 7, 2011 at 12:21 PM

I just downloaded the source and find out I cannot compile DotSpatial.Positioning project. I changed a little bit for it to be able to compiled. When I run DemoMap.exe, I get an error like below:

"The composition produced a single composition error. The root cause is provided below. Review the CompositionException.Errors property for more detailed information.

1) An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)

Resulting in: The type initializer for 'SWIGExceptionHelper' threw an exception.

Resulting in: The type initializer for 'OSGeo.GDAL.GdalPINVOKE' threw an exception.

Resulting in: Error configuring the GDAL data extensions dependencies

Resulting in: The type initializer for 'DotSpatial.Data.Rasters.GdalExtension.GdalHelper' threw an exception.

Resulting in: An exception occurred while trying to create an instance of type 'DotSpatial.Data.Rasters.GdalExtension.GdalRasterProvider'.

Resulting in: Cannot activate part 'DotSpatial.Data.Rasters.GdalExtension.GdalRasterProvider'.
Element: DotSpatial.Data.Rasters.GdalExtension.GdalRasterProvider -->  DotSpatial.Data.Rasters.GdalExtension.GdalRasterProvider -->  DirectoryCatalog (Path="E:\welllog\DotSpatial\DotSpatial_fa4ba0603a44\Debug\bin\Data Extensions\GDAL")

Resulting in: Cannot get export 'DotSpatial.Data.IDataProvider (ContractName="DotSpatial.Data.IDataProvider")' from part 'DotSpatial.Data.Rasters.GdalExtension.GdalRasterProvider'.
Element: DotSpatial.Data.IDataProvider (ContractName="DotSpatial.Data.IDataProvider") -->  DotSpatial.Data.Rasters.GdalExtension.GdalRasterProvider -->  DirectoryCatalog (Path="E:\welllog\DotSpatial\DotSpatial_fa4ba0603a44\Debug\bin\Data Extensions\GDAL")

Resulting in: Cannot set import 'DotSpatial.Data.DataManager.DataProviders (ContractName="DotSpatial.Data.IDataProvider")' on part 'DotSpatial.Data.DataManager'.
Element: DotSpatial.Data.DataManager.DataProviders (ContractName="DotSpatial.Data.IDataProvider") -->  DotSpatial.Data.DataManager"

Can anybody give me a version which runs without problem?

Developer
Oct 7, 2011 at 5:53 PM

Are you on a 32 or 64 bit OS?

Developer
Oct 7, 2011 at 6:20 PM

This problem occurs on a 64 bit OS because the Release build has DemoMap compiling for AnyCPU while the 32 bit GDAL extension is selected. I'm submitting changeset 69404bf73549 to address this problem.