Lat/Lng To MGRS Conversion?

Aug 5, 2011 at 12:34 PM

Does dotSpatial have the ability to convert Lat/Lng to MGRS? I can't seem to find anything on that...

Sep 13, 2011 at 2:39 PM

I was going to post the same question. I do not see a conversion from lat/lon to mgrs available. Is it in dotspatial but I missed it?

If someone can let me know I would appreciate it...thanks.

Sep 13, 2011 at 2:40 PM
I couldn't find it in dotspatial. I ended up having to create my own small c++ wrapper class for GeoTrans which I p/invoke from c# now...

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 10:39 AM, specialriderJoe <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I was going to post the same question. I do not see a conversion from lat/lon to mgrs available. Is it in dotspatial but I missed it?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (DotSpatial@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email DotSpatial@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Sep 13, 2011 at 2:45 PM
OK...thanks. I found a library called GeoUtility which gave me that conversion and it appears to work as well. I was using geotrans to verify the conversion from GeoUtility was accurate.

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 10:41 AM, jfuehner <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I couldn't find it in dotspatial. I ended up having to create my own small c++ wrapper class for GeoTrans which I p/invoke from c# now...

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 10:39 AM, specialriderJoe <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (DotSpatial@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email DotSpatial@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Sep 13, 2011 at 3:01 PM
GeoUtility is not quite as accurate as GeoTrans. Primarily with coordinates around the poles... Just a warning...

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 10:45 AM, specialriderJoe <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

OK...thanks. I found a library called GeoUtility which gave me that conversion and it appears to work as well. I was using geotrans to verify the conversion from GeoUtility was accurate.

Sep 13, 2011 at 3:06 PM
Thanks for the heads up...I will check into that.

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 11:01 AM, jfuehner <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

GeoUtility is not quite as accurate as GeoTrans. Primarily with coordinates around the poles... Just a warning...

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 10:45 AM, specialriderJoe <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote: