Spatial Interpolation???

Jun 27, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Hi guys, i'm trying to develop an app with dotSpatial, and an important part of it involves the use of spatial interpolators...

I can't find any in the dotSpatial library, except some for GPS points...

Isn't there spatial interpolators availables, such as Natural Neighboor, IDW or Kriging???

Looking forward for an answer...

By the way... i'm really excited with this API..

Cheers,

Clóvis.

Coordinator
Jun 28, 2011 at 5:43 AM

Hi Clovis, we have not made much progress in this area yet, but my vision is to incorporate the raster tools from Whitebox GAT which has several interpolators...

- Dan
--------
Daniel P. Ames Ph.D.
Idaho State University Dept. of Geosciences
dan.ames@isu.edu
--------
Sent from my Droid

On Jun 27, 2011 4:16 PM, "clovitojr" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:
> From: clovitojr
>
> Hi guys, i'm trying to develop an app with dotSpatial, and an important part of it involves the use of spatial interpolators...I can't find any in the dotSpatial library, except some for GPS points...Isn't there spatial interpolators availables, such as Natural Neighboor, IDW or Kriging???Looking forward for an answer...By the way... i'm really excited with this API..Cheers,Clóvis.
>
>
Jun 28, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Thanks for the tip Dan, i'm reading the source code and it seems to be just what i needed...

Clóvis.

www.solsig.com.br

Jul 7, 2011 at 2:50 PM

Hi Dan,

I just wanted to let you know there is a open source library for interpolation, integration and a lot of features for hard core calculus.

The name of the library is "alglib" you can see it at: 

http://www.alglib.net/

It's compatible with .net and other languages as well.

I am using it to interpolate my data...

Clóvis.

Coordinator
Jul 8, 2011 at 2:59 PM
Thanks for the link. Very interesting!

- Dan

--------------------------
Daniel P. Ames, Ph.D. PE
Associate Professor, Geosciences
Idaho State University - Idaho Falls
dan.ames@isu.edu
geology.isu.edu
www.mapwindow.org

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 8:50 AM, clovitojr <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Dan,

I just wanted to let you know there is a open source library for interpolation, integration and a lot of features for hard core calculus.

The name of the library is "alglib" you can see it at:

http://www.alglib.net/

It's compatible with .net and other languages as well.

I am using it to interpolate my data...

Clóvis.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (DotSpatial@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email DotSpatial@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jul 23, 2011 at 1:16 PM

a paradigm on how to combine these tools would be very intresting !

Regards,

Angelos

Jul 23, 2011 at 2:53 PM
agelospanagiotaki wrote:

a paradigm on how to combine these tools would be very intresting !

Regards,

Angelos

Hi Angelos,

Basically what i did was: I tried to addapt the interpolation functions in alglib with raster operations in dotSpatial.

You can see how interpolation functions works at:

http://www.alglib.net/translator/man/manual.vbnet.html and look for interpolation package...

I got some results...i guess not so good ones...but it's a start...let me know if you need any help...

Regards,

Clóvis.

Sep 7, 2011 at 3:08 AM

I think this a common problem many people may meet. Spatial interpolation is very common in spatial analysis works. So could any one give some code on this using dotspatial? Or are there any controls that could be used? I know that Golden Surfer could do this well, but it is a commercial software, and hard to embed it into our programs.

Also, there were some open source code on this, such as GsLib written in Fortran, and GStat written in C++,etc. Could any one written .net wrapper for these moduls as .net dll controls? Thank!

Mar 2, 2012 at 9:42 AM

HelloClovis .. I am newbie in Spatial Programming .. I also did the same with you .. I tried to apply ALGLIB library to interpolate .. but i don't understand how to use the ALGLIB library in spatial interpolation .. If you have any examples of projects about itmay I ask for your project sample in VB.NET?? Thank you very much for your help .. ;)

Regards,

Rendy Putra Maretika

Student at Faculty of Geography, Gadjah Mada University, Bulaksumur, Yogyakarta 55281 - INDONESIA

my_rendyputra@yahoo.com

Mar 2, 2012 at 9:46 AM

i am also intrested in this one.

Please report if you have any progress.

Mar 2, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Well .. but I am tired to trytry and tryIs there anything that can not

help us?  (

Regards,

Rendy Putra Maretika

Student at Faculty of Geography, Gadjah Mada University, Bulaksumur, Yogyakarta 55281 - INDONESIA

my_rendyputra@yahoo.com

Mar 2, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Hi guys,

It's been a long time and i'm not sure if what i did was all that good. I'm gonna have to check it out this weekend and next week i get back to you...

Salutes,

Clóvis.

Mar 2, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Okayyy, Clovis .. Thank you very much for your help. I will look forward to hearing from you about it. I really need to finish my thesis. Thank you very much guys. ;)

Warmest regards,

Rendy Putra Maretika

my_rendyputra@yahoo.com

Mar 2, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Hi..  there is a new extesion GeostatisticalTool in Dostspatial.. you can download using extension manager..

geostatisticaltool.codeplex.com

Regard

Carlos

Mar 2, 2012 at 4:43 PM
Hi Rendy, did you see the coments of Carlos about this geostatistical tool:

Hi.. there is a new extesion GeostatisticalTool in Dostspatial.. you can download using extension manager..

geostatisticaltool.codeplex.com

Regard

Carlos

To: [email removed]
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 05:34:15 -0800
Subject: Re: Spatial Interpolation??? [DotSpatial:262998]

Okayyy, Clovis .. Thank you very much for your help. I will look forward to hearing from you about it. I really need to finish my thesis. Thank you very much guys. ;)

Warmest regards,
Rendy Putra Maretika
my_rendyputra@yahoo.com
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (DotSpatial@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email DotSpatial@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Mar 3, 2012 at 2:27 AM
Edited Mar 3, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Hi .. thanks a lot for Carlos and Clóvis .. very useful information. I've just tried it. This is an excellent tool.

But whether GeostatisticalTool can be used to create standalone applications? I intend to create a standalone application about spatial interpolation such as IDW and others. Can it be done with GeostatisticalTool??

Please, help me.. ;) 

Regards,
Rendy Putra Maretika
my_rendyputra@yahoo.com

Mar 3, 2012 at 4:35 AM

Yes,  you can create a standalone application with this tool...  you must to reference the Geostatisticaltool library..  

FeatureSet fea=FetatureSet.Open("shap.shp");
            MapWinPlugin.IDW idw = new MapWinPlugin.IDW(fea, 1);
            MapWinPlugin.ParameterInterpolator par= new MapWinPlugin.ParameterInterpolator();
            par.Value=2;
            idw.SetParameters(par);
            idw.Search.InitialDistanceSearch=1000;
            idw.Search.SetParameters(2,5);
            idw.Search.Type=1; // sectors -> 1 one sector and 4 sectors are implemented
            idw.Surface(fea.Extents,50, fea.Projection,-32302,"c:/temp/v.dbg");

or 

you can just call the form 

KrigingPlugin.Forms.DeterministicMethods det = new KrigingPlugin.Forms.DeterministicMethods();
            det.Map = map;
            det.Show();

Mar 3, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Edited Mar 3, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Really??? Hehe.

Okayy .. Thank you very much Carlos! I will try soon!

I am very proud of your team who create this plugin! Very nice.. 

Good luck for DotSpatial, MapWindow, MapWinGIS, GeoStatisticalTool and other plugins.. Go open source! Go go go! :)

Thanks alot, Carlos..

Hi, Clóvis and Agelos..lets try this Plugin.. Cheers.. :))

Regards,
Rendy Putra Maretika
my_rendyputra@yahoo.com

Mar 3, 2012 at 10:49 AM

That's great news Rendy...

Regards,

Clóvis.

Mar 4, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Edited Mar 4, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Hi, All..I've tried IDW using GeostatisticalTool and IT WORKS VERY NICE.. Thanks.. Go GeostatisticalTool! Go! Go! Go! ;)

Emm..can I execute other interpolation method programatically like IDW?? There are many methods such as Ordinary Kriging, Universal Kriging, Simple Kriging, CoKriging, Global Polynomial Interpolation (GPI), Local Polynomial Interpolation, and Radial basis functions..

Please give examples of writing code of that.. Thanks a lot .. :)

Great Thanks,
Rendy Putra Maretika
my_rendyputra@yahoo.com

Mar 5, 2012 at 2:39 AM
Edited Mar 5, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Polynomial trend

FeatureSet data  = FeatureSet.Open("c:\.........shp");
Trend inter = new Trend(data, field, order);/// field,  order=1,2,3
 inter.Surface(fea.Extents,50, fea.Projection,-32302,"c:/temp/v.dbg");
Kriging
            Kriging k = new Kriging(env.Data, 1);
            IKrigingModel model = new ModelExponential();
            model.C0 = 0;
            model.C1 = 1;
            model.Range = 50;
            k.KrigingModel = model;
            k.Search.Azimuth = 0;
            k.Search.SetAniso(0, 10, 10);
            k.Search.SetParameters(2, 5);
            k.Search.Type = 1; // sectors -> 1 one sector and 4 sectors are implemented
Universal Kriging
            UniveversalKriging k = new UniversalKriging(env.Data, 1);
            model.C0 = 0;
            model.C1 = 1;
            model.Range = 50;
            k.KrigingModel = model;
            k.Search.Azimuth = 0;
Simple Kriging
            SimpleKriging k = new SimpleKriging(env.Data, 1);
            model.C0 = 0;
            model.C1 = 1;
            model.Range = 50;
            k.KrigingModel = model;
            k.Search.Azimuth = 0;
THe LPI (it is implemented but it is not verified), co-kriging and RBS are not implemented yet.
k.Surface(fea.Extents,50, fea.Projection,-32302,"c:/temp/v.dbg");
Regards 
Carlos

Mar 5, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Thank you very much Carlos. It's very helpful.. Thank you.. :)

Carlos.. yesterday I tried to call the form DeterministicMethods to IDW interpolate..but there are strange ..the name of Output Raster doesn't match what I wrote on the form .. I tried many times but the name of Output Raster is "surface.bgd".. I don't know why.. Maybe I'm wrong .. but I don't know where the fault .. :)

Great Thanks,
Rendy Putra Maretika
my_rendyputra@yahoo.com

Mar 5, 2012 at 11:29 AM

I was wondering...could I use this extension to interpolate over a raster? I tried with the demomap.exe program...but could not select my raster layer in order to configure the interpolation.

Did someone had success?

Mar 5, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Hi Rendy,  

I have fixed this problem.

If you are using Extension manager, you can update it!

Mar 5, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Hi denisbruno;

Interpolate over a raster is not included in GeostatisticalTool.. but,   I'm going to include this functionality in the roadmap..

Mar 5, 2012 at 11:09 PM
Edited Mar 5, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Oh okay, Carlos .. I will be update it.. Thank you very much for your help ..   Go GeostatisticalTool! Go go go! ;)

Carlos..can I call a form GeostatisticalMethods programmatically like DeterministicalMethods? How to write this code?

Is there any documentation or understanding of the parameters that are applied in each interpolation method?? I don't understand much of some of these parameters .. Where can I learn it, Carlos? ;)

Sorry I was a beginner.. so many questions.. Thank you very much for your help.. :)

Thanks,
Rendy Putra Maretika
my_rendyputra@yahoo.com

Mar 6, 2012 at 4:29 PM

You can open the GeostatisticalMethods in this way:

Interpolators myForm = new Interpolators((Map)App.Map,false );

myForm.Show();

The false value is related with a external program. It must always be 'false'.

Regards

Carlos

Mar 6, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Okay, Carlos.. I will try it.. Thank you very much for your help..

Go DotSpatial & GeostatisticalTool.. Go! Go! Go!  ;)

Great Thanks,
Rendy Putra Maretika
my_rendyputra@yahoo.com

Sep 23, 2012 at 6:24 PM
Edited Sep 23, 2012 at 8:05 PM

I need some help!!! please....

When i just call the form Geostatistical Tool

Try
            Dim geostatical As New KrigingPlugin.Forms.Interpolators(appManager1.Map,False)
            geostatical.Update()
            geostatical.Show()
        Catch ex As Exception
            MsgBox(ex.Message, MsgBoxStyle.Information)
        End Try

i see this error:

System.MissingFieldException: Field not found: 'DotSpatial.Projections.KnownCoordinateSystems.Projected'.

But when i just call the form Deterministic interpolation methods, all works fine

Try
            Dim deterministical As New KrigingPlugin.Forms.DeterministicMethods
            deterministical.Map=AppManager1.Map
            deterministical.Show()
        Catch ex As Exception
            MsgBox(ex.Message, MsgBoxStyle.Information)
        End Try

Did someone had success in the case of the form Geostatistical Tool?

GREAT THANKS....
Jul 12, 2013 at 9:36 AM
I tried it and it works,

just I downloaded sources of geostatistical tools, added reference to the dlls compiled from the latest dotspatial sources.
Now I don't find krigingplugin but GeostatisticalTool.GeostatisticalToolPlugin to import, but every field seems the same as in krigingplugin

executing this code
        Dim f As New GeostatisticalTool.Forms.Interpolators(Map1)
        f.ShowDialog()
works perfectly

Oscar
Sep 13, 2013 at 7:08 AM
Edited Sep 13, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Hey,

Is it possible to add this to the toolbox rather than having it as a separate menu item?