DotSpatial.Positioning

Jun 18, 2011 at 12:43 AM

The documentation so far as been great.  But I haven't been able to find any good documentation on dotspatial.positioning option.  Just need the first little bit to get me start.

Find and connection to the bluetooth gps after that i should be good.

Jun 24, 2011 at 10:02 AM

Hell darkchip,

There is an excellent demonstrator on Dotspatial.Positioning application. If you go to the Source Code Page and try to download the source code on the right side of page. In the original code files, you could find GPS and GIS demonstators with their original code at Dotspatial Example subfile which is quite clear and understandable.  Hopefully that could be helpful!

Jun 24, 2011 at 2:09 PM

Thank you I found the examples your talking about and that is helping a lot.

I have most the controls up and running now (example altimeter) . But the satelliteviewer and satellitesignalbar.  Are not generating any results.

Developer
Aug 4, 2011 at 2:28 AM

You will have to write your own handler for the satellite viewer and satellite signal bar events to populate the controls. I didn't get to finsih this functionality but if you look at the source and example you should be able to work out what is required.

Oct 5, 2012 at 3:09 PM

The satelliteviewer and satellitesignalbar have a property IsUsingRealtimeData set to True.  Based on the description, this tells the control to get the data from the active GPS.  Based on your previous comment, that is not done automatically.  Can you indicate where to hook this control in.  Should I use the nmeaInterpreter1_SatellitesChanges and set the Satellites property of the controls?

Thanks.

Developer
Nov 14, 2012 at 6:44 AM

Ashok on the GPS.Net forums worked it out:
see his post here

...by commenting the below code in OnPaintOffScreen satellites are displayed.
//if (!satellite.IsActive && !DesignMode)                        //    continue;
These lines are used in 3 locations in the same event.

Set the SatelliteView1.satellites in the nmeaInterpreter1_SatellitesChanged event.