App Manager not finding Plugin's

May 21, 2011 at 2:44 PM

Hello all,

I have downloaded the .Net 3.5 framework as I am using VS2008. I have gone through the development introduction but I am struggling with one thing. I want to make use of ECW files. I have loaded the AppManager control and assigned it to the map and toolbar, etc. I have created the folders Plugins and Apps in the execution folder and copied the GDAL files to both folders. When I run the application I do not have the option to open anything except the standard files. Is there somewhere I can find out about the file structure ?

I am running VS2008 on Win7 32bit enviroment.

Regards

Peter

Coordinator
May 23, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Peter, there was a problem in the last release. We are uploading a new set of DLLs today that should fix the problem. We're also posting a tutorial on how to use the GDAL data provider (on the documenation/tutorial page). I hope this fixes your problem! - Dan

Developer
May 24, 2011 at 4:03 PM

Hi Peter,

There was a problem with the previous release. The Zip file contained the DemoMap.exe demo application. This caused Windows to block the content of the zip file downloaded from the Internet and prevented the GDAL data extension from running.

Please download the newest recommended DotSpatial release. Also, instead of copying the GDAL files to "Apps" or "Plugins" folder, copy the GDAL files to the "Data Extensions" folder.

Regards

Jiri

Jul 30, 2011 at 1:24 PM

Hi Dan and Jiri,

Thanks for the reply, I am currently developing for .net 3.5 and not looking at moving to 4 for a while. Is the 3.5 branch discontinued ?

Thanks

Coordinator
Aug 1, 2011 at 11:30 PM

I suppose the 3.5 branch is in fact officially discontinued. Though it seems that back porting the current version to 3.5 is not too big a challenge. Some functions that don't exist in 3.5 would need to be replaced by your own code, but it can be done.

Aug 18, 2011 at 5:44 AM
danames wrote:

I suppose the 3.5 branch is in fact officially discontinued.

Is the 3.5 branch useful, or discontinued too early? 

Coordinator
Aug 19, 2011 at 12:16 AM

All of the latest updates are happening in the DotNet 4.0 framework version, but that isn't to say that the 3.5 framework version isn't useful for sure. - Dan