This project is read-only.

Using DotSpatial.Positioning Component with BaseStream missing in TextEmulator

Mar 4, 2011 at 10:30 PM
Edited Mar 4, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Dear guys,

I am trying to use DotSpatial.Positioning component to build my project. I tried to use TextEmulator class to build my file input that having function in reading GPS text file data from a text file. The past Geoframework example introduced that we could use NmeaInterpreter class with 'Basestream' (stream)to receive the data stream and process it. However, in new version Dotspatial.Positioning Component I cannot see the 'basestream' option when i use VC++2008 to build it. If it is replaced by other other function or method?Anybody have experience in this direction? Any helps could be appreicated.

Besides, I am very interested in combining GPS and GIS togeter, exploring different applications. But currently i encounter the basic problem in combination. It is how to mapping real-time GPS data on the map. My basic idea is to build a background map layer and then a visulised point sharp layer, overlapping then together. But actually for me it is a little bit trick. I want to know anybody have any material or codes in this direction. Many thanks for that.

Regards