My First DotSpatial Project in Visual C# Express 2010:Executed MapWindow.dll, but No New Tools Appear?

Dec 21, 2010 at 7:22 PM

Hi Ted,

I followed Section 1.2.2. Step 2: Add MapWindow Components on Page 11 of MapWindow GIS Developer's Corner by Harold (Ted) Dunsford, Jr., Mark Van Orden and Jiri Kadlec, October 2009 (ISU Geospatial Softeware Lab) to start my first DotSpatial project "scDotSpatial-1" in my Microsoft Visual C# 2010 Express.  I  reached the "Select MapWindow.dll" by navigating to my C:\Program Files\ISU\MapWindow6\MapWindow.dll and clicked on "Open" button.  And I got the "Choose Toolbox Items" box back again, instead of the "New Tools"(ApplicationManager, etc.) Appear in the Toolbox!!!  I am lost completely and I do not know how to go on now!!!  Please help and tell me what went wrong with my project "scDotSpatial1" and how to get into the right direction to do Section 1.2.3. Step 3: Add Menu and Status Strips.

Thanks,

Scott Chang

P. S.  Few weeks ago, you helped me in doing MapWinsow6 in Microsoft Visual C# 2010 Express and .Netframework4.  I got to the "Add Menu and Status Strips".  Do I have problems of dealing with the .Netframework4 again?