This project is read-only.

Tooltip and circular depedency

Dec 4, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Hi!

My C# (MW6) experiencis are low so I ask for help to solve my idea to activate the tooltip function to show the data when mousemove are over the line for example.
This I like to do inside the IdentifyFunction.cs file with this code:

if (Map.FunctionMode == FunctionModes.ToolTip)
                                    {     
                                         System.Windows.Forms.ToolTip TT = new System.Windows.Forms.ToolTip();

TT.IsBalloon = true;
                                         TT.Show(cont, geoMap1, xp - 15, yp - 42, 300);    >>>>>>   ERROR !!!!            
                                    }

>>>>  what goes in the last line code instead od geoMap1   ????

My another goal is instead of above code to call new public method inside the frmMapWindow6.cs but then I have circular dependency.

Thanks for any help, Vojko

Dec 4, 2010 at 4:48 PM

I've never tried using tool tips the way you are doing so.  I usually would use "TT.SetToolTip(geoMap1, "Hello Everyone");" to define the tool tip for an entire control, but I am not sure why you are getting an error.  I will try it out in a bit to see if I can get the best idea for showing a popup bubble when you mouse over certain features.

Dec 4, 2010 at 6:29 PM

How could I use "TT.SetToolTip(geoMap1, "Hello Everyone");" on the specific coordinates?

When I want to declare the coordinates XP and YP than I use this command:

"TT.Show("Hello You", geoMap1, xp - 15, yp - 42, 300);"

When used inside IdentifyFunction.cs build report "The name "geoMap1" does not exists in the current context"!

Nov 27, 2012 at 2:33 PM

I know this thread is 2 years old, but did you solve it?

I'm currently looking for a way to show a popup bubble when you mouse over certain features, and found this thread which seems to be looking for the same thing.

Jan 25, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Hey,

just wanted to ask if somebody found an easy way to display a tooltip when moving the mouse over a line in the map.
Thanks for any Help!

Martin

Jan 25, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Maybe this would be an interesting feature for further releases?
If this would be ok I would create a proposal in the issue tracker.