This project is read-only.

Georeferencing help (GeoTiff into MapWindow6)

Nov 24, 2010 at 8:10 AM

Hi everybody,

I'm a newbie with MapWindow6 and I would like to figure out a couple of things.
1 - Whenever I drag and drop a GeoTiff into the map (MapWindow6) I can not see that image at its place, I mean that Image is not georeferenced, so if I put another GeoTiff the latter overlaps the first one.
With MapWindow4 it was quite simple after creating an instance for the grid raster.
2 - Is there any particular way to implement DotSpatial in my project? I'm using Visual Studio 2005.
Any tips would be really appreaciated.
Thanks a lot guys,
Carmelo

Nov 24, 2010 at 4:14 PM

1) MapWindow 6 was put on pause while we refactored the libraries into their new organization with DotSpatial for better modularity and open source interoperability.  To test if new features will be fixed when MapWindow 6 goes live again, you can download DotSpatial and run the "DemoMap" project.  This should give you an idea of the current behaviors, rather than MapWindow 6, which is running from source code that is several months old now.

2) Can VS2005 support the Framework version 3.5 in any way?  If not, then I think you are sunk.  That ship sailed several years ago when MapWindow 6 was just getting started, I'm afraid.  In fact, we have been 3.5 for so long, most of this source simply never existed at all in a 2005 compatible version, so its not like you can just roll back the repository to a VS2005 compliant version.  The usage of Linq is ubiquitous throughout the framework, and I recently have started to use auto properties and other newer features of the 3.5 framework.  The IDEs that I think you can use are C# Express or better 2008/2010, SharpDevelop and maybe MonoDevelop.

This code is also young enough that we have not built a COM wrapper for it.  In the future, we might consider such a thing, but it might be a lot of work for small comparative gains so we will have to see about that one.

Ted