PluginAttribute SettingString

Sep 15, 2010 at 3:15 PM

Plugins need a way to save their settings.  From the HydroDesktop code, it appears that there is space planned in the .hdproj file to store a "settingstring" as an attribute of each plugin element.  However, there does not exist anything within the PluginToken class to map this settingstring.  After looking over DotSpatial, it looks like this would also need to be added to PluginAttribute.

I am willing to try to make the necessary modifications to get this feature added, but have had difficulty in getting the DotSpatial project running/compiling on my work machine.  I am using VS2008, but I think you all have been using 2010, correct?

Developer
Sep 15, 2010 at 4:47 PM

Yes, I think the go-ahead has been established from the community at large that we are all going to continue on with the 4.0 framework and that requires VS2010.  Probably next weekend I will remove the 3.5 files from the repository, since there isn't really any point to sustaining a 3.5 version since it won't be able to keep up to all the changes that we make that may depend on the new framework.  You should be able to use VS2010 Express, which is free.